* Shopping for school supplies. We really don't require much in the way of school supplies because of the way we home school, mostly just paper and pens, but I love opening boxes of our favorite mechanical pencils all with new pink erasers fully intact. Something about seeing them in bulk is such a nice change after having to hunt them down and finding them with eraser nubs. I was very excited to find a pencil bag that is just the right size for my knitting needles.
* Date Night out with my husband who is spending more time at home thanks to finding a pastoral candidate and not having to work overtime.
* A new to me vehicle! I am no longer a minivan mama! We have another driver coming up the ranks who needs a car so she gets my van.
* Swimming with friends, sunshine, cool water on a hot day, our kids all playing water ninja and having a good time. This was probably the last swim of the season for us.
* Spending quiet days at home, a good start to the school year, and an interesting curriculum to study. I am enjoying learning along side my children.
* Summer Bible study on Peace. This study was 6 lessons that focused on 6 Scriptures that pertain to putting aside anxiety and worry and focusing on the peace of God. It facilitated faith building and convicting conversation and knit our group together in a closer way. There are more in this series and I hope our group of ladies will study a few more of these.
* Rain and cool breezes. Fall is coming!
* A promotion for my husband and a celebratory steak dinner- best steak ever!
* Losing 10 pounds in August....even after sharing a piece of lemon cake as big as shoe box with my husband. I haven't had a coke since July which is a pretty big deal for me.
* Listening to Trey and Anna practice the guitar. I am recognizing the tunes they are playing. Thank goodness!
I would love to hear your simple joys!