Not being Stressed


Nothing happens for ages and then it happens all at once. We have visitors coming next weekend and my girlie is returning home after nine months in New Zealand. Mass panic ensues, quick, clean everything, and God, I promised to paint Madeline's room. Did I say that? I heard someone say it and immediately thought you idiot! Because I'm still not fully recovered it has to be taken very slowly. So, a race against the clock but very, very slowly. Lots of resting in bed in between, it's the only way I can do it. Monumentally frustrating because I'd love to go tearing around like a maniac and do everything all at once. That is my nature. I have had to school myself in patience. Saw one of those e-cards on pinterest that said, Why does patience have to be a virtue? Why can't 'hurry up' be a virtue? That's me. But there are consolations. I have my little buddy here on his quilt (used to be my quilt) on the end of the bed keeping me company and trying to eat my cheese straws whenever I'm not looking and I've had the time to try out some more crochet. I'm not terribly good at it but I'm quite pleased with it so far. This also requires patience and serves to slow me right down, music on the laptop, cat on the bed, rain falling, falling (and falling some more) outside, could be a hell of a lot worse. Everything that needs to get done will get done, a lesson in not stressing I'm thinking.

1 comment: